What is VOVERAN EMULGel Gel used for?
VOVERAN EMULGel Gel tablet/capsule, drops, gel, injection, liniment, patch, suppository is used to relieve joint stiffness, inflammation and mild to moderate pain caused due to osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
VOVERAN EMULGel Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VOVERAN EMULGel Gel work?
VOVERAN EMULGel Gel belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by blocking the release of chemicals, which cause inflammation. Therefore, reduces swelling and pain.
How to use VOVERAN EMULGel Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VOVERAN EMULGel Gel tablet/capsule, drops, gel, injection, liniment, patch, suppository as prescribed by the doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- VOVERAN EMULGel Gel injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Dispense 5-10 VOVERAN EMULGel Gel drops of the medicine either directly onto the knee or into the hand and then apply it onto the knee.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of VOVERAN EMULGel Gel gel/liniment to the affected area and rub gently.
- Wash the skin area before applying the VOVERAN EMULGel Gel patch .
- Insert VOVERAN EMULGel Gel suppository into the rectum as directed by the physician. Avoid having a bowel movement for 30-60 minutes to allow the drug to get absorbed.
If you miss a dose of VOVERAN EMULGel Gel, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with VOVERAN EMULGel Gel?
Drugs that interact with VOVERAN EMULGel Gel include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VOVERAN EMULGel Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of VOVERAN EMULGel Gel:
- Upset stomach
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- High blood pressure
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Difficulty swallowing
- Mood changes
- Unexplained weight gain
- Kidney problems
- Yellowing of the eyes
- Severe abdominal pain
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VOVERAN EMULGel Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VOVERAN EMULGel Gel or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VOVERAN EMULGel Gel causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of VOVERAN EMULGel Gel.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to use VOVERAN EMULGel Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using VOVERAN EMULGel Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to VOVERAN EMULGel Gel or similar drugs.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of VOVERAN EMULGel Gel before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about VOVERAN EMULGel Gel
- Can I substitute VOVERAN EMULGel Gel with Etodolac?
- How should VOVERAN EMULGel Gel tablet be stored?
- Is it normal to experience swelling at the injection site while receiving VOVERAN EMULGel Gel injection?
No. Although, they belong to the same class of drugs and have the same uses, it is not advised to substitute the medicine without your doctor’s consent. Therefore, please consult your doctor.
VOVERAN EMULGel Gel tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30 °C) away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
Yes. However, please consult the doctor if this symptom persists or worsens.