Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet used for?
VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of various anti-psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia, vertigo, dyspepsia and psychoses.
VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet work?
VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. This drug decreases the psychotic activity by blocking the action of D2 dopaminergic receptors, which are located on both central and peripheral pathways of the brain.
How to use VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet injection should be administered by a healthcare provider.
If you miss a dose of Levofloxacin, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet may include:
- Severe drowsiness
What are the drugs that interact with VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet include the following:
- Aluminium hydroxide
- Magnesium hydroxide
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Abdominal cramps
- Unusual tiredness
- Decrease in libido
- Irregular menstrual periods
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Excessive sweating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not use VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet during pregnancy unless it is recommended by a doctor.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may worsen the side effects of VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet.
What should you tell your doctor before using VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have to undergo any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked questions about VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet
- How should VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet in case of gastrointestinal disorders?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
- What are the other available formulations of VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
- How long can I use VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet?
VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature of 15 – 300C, away from light, heat and moisture.
No. VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet is not advised for the patients with gastrointestinal disorders.
Yes, continuous monitoring of complete blood cell count is advised while on VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet medication.
VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet is available in tablet and injection dosage forms.
VOLAPRIDE 25mg Tablet should be used for the prescribed duration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.