By Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
Rs.2,758.00 (12% Savings)
Rs.2,990.00 (4% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TYGACIL Injection used for?
TYGACIL Injection is used for the treatment of bacterial skin infection, severe intra-abdominal infection and community-acquired bacterial pneumonia.
TYGACIL Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TYGACIL Injection work?
TYGACIL Injection belongs to the class of drugs called tetracycline antibiotics. This drug acts by binding to the bacterial ribosomes and inhibiting the protein synthesis, which is required for bacterial growth and multiplication.
How to administer TYGACIL Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
TYGACIL Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of TYGACIL Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of TYGACIL Injection may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Stomach pain
Please seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TYGACIL Injection ?
Drugs that interact with TYGACIL Injection include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TYGACIL Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of TYGACIL Injection :
- Loss of appetite
- Vaginal itching
- White or yellow vaginal discharge
- Difficult urination
- Lower back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Severe diarrhoea
- Sore throat
- Swelling of face, neck or throat
- Ringing in ears
- Vision changes
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving TYGACIL Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TYGACIL Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid using anti-diarrhoea medications while using TYGACIL Injection .
- Limit the use of alcoholic beverages as it can alter the absorption of TYGACIL Injection .
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and excessive heat while receiving TYGACIL Injection medication.
- Avoid using TYGACIL Injection medication during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the foetus.
You are advised not to use TYGACIL Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving TYGACIL Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or pancreatic problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TYGACIL Injection
- Can I freeze reconstituted TYGACIL Injection medication?
- Is it safe to receive TYGACIL Injection medication in case of pancreatitis?
- Can I use Warfarin while on TYGACIL Injection medication?
- Is it safe to receive TYGACIL Injection medication while using birth control pills?
No, you should not freeze the reconstituted solution. The reconstituted TYGACIL Injection can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours. The reconstituted TYGACIL Injection solution should be yellow to orange in colour. Discard the solution if the colour changes.
TYGACIL Injection medication may increase the severity of pancreatitis. Therefore, notify the doctor about your medical history before receiving the drug.
Use of blood thinners, such as Warfarin can increase the risk of internal bleeding while on TYGACIL Injection medication. Please consult your doctor before taking Warfarin.
Consult your doctor before receiving TYGACIL Injection medication as it can make birth control pills less effective.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.