TROPICACYL 1% Drops 5ml
By Sunways India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is TROPICACYL 1% Drops used for?
TROPICACYL 1% Drops is used to dilate the pupil of the eye before an eye examination or any procedure.
TROPICACYL 1% Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TROPICACYL 1% Drops work?
TROPICACYL 1% Drops belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergic agents. It works by blocking certain receptors in the eye, which controls the size of the pupil. Thus, it helps in dilating the pupil.
How to use TROPICACYL 1% Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TROPICACYL 1% Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops of TROPICACYL 1% Drops eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of TROPICACYL 1% Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TROPICACYL 1% Drops?
The drugs that interact with TROPICACYL 1% Drops are:
- Polymyxin B
- Sodium carboxymethylcellulose
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TROPICACYL 1% Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of TROPICACYL 1% Drops eye drops:
- Dry eyes
- Eye pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Eye irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TROPICACYL 1% Drops?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TROPICACYL 1% Drops
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TROPICACYL 1% Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Inform the doctor if you develop any allergic reaction after using
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of eyelids.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Suddenly stopping the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Do not store the eye drops in the freezer.
You are advised not to use TROPICACYL 1% Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TROPICACYL 1% Drops?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TROPICACYL 1% Drops
- Does the use of TROPICACYL 1% Drops cause photosensitivity?
- Can I discontinue using TROPICACYL 1% Drops when I feel better?
- Can I use contact lens while on TROPICACYL 1% Drops?
- Is it safe to use TROPICACYL 1% Drops if I have a medical history of glaucoma?
- What are the overdose symptoms of TROPICACYL 1% Drops eye drops?
The use of TROPICACYL 1% Drops may make the eyes more sensitive to light. Therefore, it is advised to wear sunglasses before going out in the sunlight. However, please consult your doctor.
Do not stop using TROPICACYL 1% Drops abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the infection to return.
Remove your contact lens before using the eye drops and wait for at least 15 minutes before inserting them again.
No, it is not advisable to use TROPICACYL 1% Drops if you have glaucoma. However, please inform the doctor about your medical history.
The overdose symptoms of TROPICACYL 1% Drops eye drops are itchy eyes, blurred vision and watery eyes. Please consult the doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.