TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet 10's
Rs.90.40 (46% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet used for?
TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet is used for the treatment of angina pectoris.
TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet work?
TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-anginal drugs. This drug acts by promoting the glucose oxidation. Thus, it helps in decreasing the calcium load on the heart and relieving the symptoms of angina.
How to take TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sudden vertigo
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid using TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet as it may cause dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney and liver diseases.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet
- What are the contraindications of TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
- What is the standard dose of TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet?
- How should TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet be stored?
TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet is contraindicated with conditions, such as severe renal impairment, pregnancy, tremors and Parkinson’s disease.
The standard dose of TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet is 40 – 60 mg/day in divided doses. However, the dose may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
TRIMACONTIN 60mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC), away from sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.