TRAVACOM Eye Drops 2.5ml
By Alcon Laboratories India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is TRAVACOM Eye Drops used for?
TRAVACOM Eye Drops is used for the treatment of ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma.
TRAVACOM Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRAVACOM Eye Drops work?
In TRAVACOM Eye Drops, Timolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. This drug acts by blocking the activity of certain receptors that decreases the production of aqueous humour. This reduces the intraocular pressure and relieves the symptoms of ocular hypertension.
Travoprost belongs to the class of drugs called prostaglandin analogues. The drug acts by increasing the outflow of aqueous humour, thereby treating intraocular pressure in patients with glaucoma.
How to use TRAVACOM Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TRAVACOM Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of TRAVACOM Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TRAVACOM Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with TRAVACOM Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRAVACOM Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of TRAVACOM Eye Drops:
- Red eye
- Eye irritation
- Dry eye
- Darkening of the skin around the eye
- Foreign body sensation in the eye
- Temporarily blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Eye pain
- Sensitivity to light
- Watering of the eyes
- Swelling of the eye or eyelid
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TRAVACOM Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TRAVACOM Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while using TRAVACOM Eye Drops eye drops. Remove the contact lenses before instilling the eye drops and replace them after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TRAVACOM Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on TRAVACOM Eye Drops.
- Be cautious while using TRAVACOM Eye Drops if you have a history of closed angle glaucoma, conjunctivitis, diabetes, heart disease, hyperthyroidism and psoriasis.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use TRAVACOM Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TRAVACOM Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of Myasthenia Gravis, diabetes, cardiac disorders and cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the use of TRAVACOM Eye Drops.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TRAVACOM Eye Drops
- I am on TRAVACOM Eye Drops for open angle glaucoma. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- What are the contraindications of TRAVACOM Eye Drops eye drops?
- Is it safe to use TRAVACOM Eye Drops eye drops during pregnancy?
You can discontinue use of TRAVACOM Eye Drops eye drops once you feel better. However, seek doctor’s advice before you discontinue use of the medicine.
Avoid use of TRAVACOM Eye Drops eye drops if you have a history of severe hay fever, corneal dystrophy, bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Avoid using TRAVACOM Eye Drops eye drops during pregnancy. You must consult the doctor before using any drug during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.