TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet 10's
By Boehringer Ingelheim India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet used for?
TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet work?
TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called oral anti-diabetic drugs. This drug acts by preventing the degradation of incretin hormone and enables the release of insulin from pancreatic cells. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood sugar levels.
How to take TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Slurred speech
What are the drugs that interact with TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet:
- Increased hunger
- Cold sweats
- Pale skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Unusual tiredness
- Increased heartbeat
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children.
- Consult a doctor before using TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pancreatitis or gall bladder stones.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are scheduled for any surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet in case of diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Can I use TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet for type 1 diabetes?
- How should TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
- How long can I take TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet?
No. It is not recommended to use TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet while having high blood ketone levels.
No. TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet is prescribed for the patients with type 2 diabetes only.
TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC).
No. You should not alter the dose of TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet unless recommended by the doctor.
TRAJENTA 5mg Tablet should be taken for the prescribed duration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.