TOFICALM 50MG TABLET 10'S
What is Tofisopam used for?
Tofisopam is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders. It is also used to relieve the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
Tofisopam may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Tofisopam work?
Tofisopam belongs to the class of drugs called anxiolytics. This drug acts by decreasing the catecholamine levels in the body. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of anxiety and alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
How to take Tofisopam?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Tofisopam as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Tofisopam, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Tofisopam?
Yohimbine is the only drug that interacts with Tofisopam. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Tofisopam?
The following are the most common side effects of Tofisopam:
- Epigastric pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Tofisopam?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Tofisopam or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Tofisopam.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Tofisopam causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take Tofisopam if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Tofisopam?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of sleeplessness or mental disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of Tofisopam.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Tofisopam
- I am on Tofisopam for alcohol withdrawal syndrome. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Tofisopam?
- How should Tofisopam be stored?
Do not discontinue the use of Tofisopam tablet at once even if you feel better. A gradual dose reduction is required for better recovery.
Do not alter the dose of Tofisopam tablet without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the tablet may increase the risk of side effects.
Store Tofisopam tablet in a cool and dry place. Do not refrigerate or freeze the tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.