What is TOFICALM 50mg Tablet used for?
TOFICALM 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of anxiety disorders. It is also used to relieve the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
TOFICALM 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TOFICALM 50mg Tablet work?
TOFICALM 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anxiolytics. This drug acts by decreasing the catecholamine levels in the body. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms of anxiety and alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
How to take TOFICALM 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TOFICALM 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TOFICALM 50mg Tablet?
Yohimbine is the only drug that interacts with TOFICALM 50mg Tablet. Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet:
- Epigastric pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TOFICALM 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TOFICALM 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TOFICALM 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take TOFICALM 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TOFICALM 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of sleeplessness or mental disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TOFICALM 50mg Tablet
- I am on TOFICALM 50mg Tablet for alcohol withdrawal syndrome. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet?
- How should TOFICALM 50mg Tablet be stored?
Do not discontinue the use of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet tablet at once even if you feel better. A gradual dose reduction is required for better recovery.
Do not alter the dose of TOFICALM 50mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor. A change in the dose of the tablet may increase the risk of side effects.
Store TOFICALM 50mg Tablet tablet in a cool and dry place. Do not refrigerate or freeze the tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.