What is TEXAKIND Tablet used for?
TEXAKIND Tablet is used for the treatment of abnormal heavy bleeding during or after prostatectomy (removal prostate gland), after a tooth extraction and during menstruation. It is also used to treat nosebleeds and angioneurotic oedema.
TEXAKIND Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TEXAKIND Tablet work?
TEXAKIND Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fibrinolytics. This drug acts by inhibiting the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin, which prevents the degradation of fibrin’s matrix structure. This inhibits the enzymes from breaking down the blood clots and reduces bleeding.
How to use TEXAKIND Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- TEXAKIND Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of TEXAKIND Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TEXAKIND Tablet may include:
- Severe vomiting
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with TEXAKIND Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TEXAKIND Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TEXAKIND Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TEXAKIND Tablet:
- Back pain
- Pale skin
- Unusual weakness
- Swelling of leg
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Rapid breathing
- Painful urination
- Blood in your urine
- Coughing up blood
- Changes in vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TEXAKIND Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TEXAKIND Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TEXAKIND Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of TEXAKIND Tablet.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TEXAKIND Tablet.
- Monitor your liver function and undergo regular eye examination while using TEXAKIND Tablet for long-term.
- Consult your doctor before using TEXAKIND Tablet medication during pregnancy.
You are advised not to use TEXAKIND Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TEXAKIND Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease, liver dysfunction or bleeding problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor about the use of TEXAKIND Tablet medication prior to any surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about TEXAKIND Tablet
- Is it safe to use TEXAKIND Tablet medication if I have a history of irregular menstrual periods?
- Is it safe to use TEXAKIND Tablet medication during breastfeeding?
- Can I continue the use of birth control pills while on TEXAKIND Tablet medication?
- How long can I take TEXAKIND Tablet tablet?
Consult your doctor before using TEXAKIND Tablet medication if you have a history of irregular menstrual periods.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks of TEXAKIND Tablet medication during breastfeeding as the drug passes into breast milk.
Hormonal contraceptives (birth control pills) may not work effectively when used with TEXAKIND Tablet medication. Therefore, consult your doctor before using TEXAKIND Tablet medication along with contraceptives.
It is recommended to take TEXAKIND Tablet medication for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.