TEXAKIND Injection 5ml
What is TEXAKIND Injection used for?
TEXAKIND Injection is used for the treatment of abnormal heavy bleeding during or after prostatectomy (removal prostate gland), after a tooth extraction and during menstruation. It is also used to treat nosebleeds and angioneurotic oedema.
TEXAKIND Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How to use TEXAKIND Injection?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- TEXAKIND Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of TEXAKIND Injection, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of TEXAKIND Injection may include:
- Severe vomiting
You must seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
How does TEXAKIND Injection work?
TEXAKIND Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fibrinolytics. This drug acts by inhibiting the conversion of plasminogen to plasmin, which prevents the degradation of fibrin’s matrix structure. This inhibits the enzymes from breaking down the blood clots and reduces bleeding.
What are the drugs that interact with TEXAKIND Injection?
Drugs that interact with TEXAKIND Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TEXAKIND Injection?
The following are the most common side effects of TEXAKIND Injection:
- Back pain
- Pale skin
- Unusual weakness
- Swelling of leg
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Rapid breathing
- Painful urination
- Blood in your urine
- Coughing up blood
- Changes in vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TEXAKIND Injection?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TEXAKIND Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TEXAKIND Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of TEXAKIND Injection.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on TEXAKIND Injection.
- Monitor your liver function and undergo regular eye examination while using TEXAKIND Injection for long-term.
- Consult your doctor before using TEXAKIND Injection medication during pregnancy.
You are advised not to use TEXAKIND Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TEXAKIND Injection?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart disease, liver dysfunction or bleeding problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor about the use of TEXAKIND Injection medication prior to any surgery.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.