Rs.119.00 (5% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet used for?
TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet tablet is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet topical is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, athlete’s foot and jock itch.
TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet work?
TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as antifungals. This drug acts by inhibiting ergosterol, an important component of fungal cell membrane. Thus, it results in fungal cell death.
How to use TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet tablet :
- Trouble swallowing
- Pale skin
- Painful urination
- Changes in taste
The following are the most common side effects of TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet topical :
- Swollen skin
- Skin blisters
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of infections, kidney and liver damage.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to use TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Can I consume alcohol while using TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood cell count and liver function while using TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet.
No, it is not recommended to use TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet during pregnancy. Please consult your doctor.
No, it is not advised to consume alcohol while using TERBINAFORCE 500mg Tablet as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.