TEARS NATURALE II LUBRICANT EYE DROPS 10ML
By ALCON LABORATORIES INDIA PVT LTD Prescription Needed
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose used for?
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose eye drops/eye gel/eye solution is used to treat dry eyes and eye irritation.
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose work?
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose belongs to the class of drugs called eye lubricants. The drug acts by promoting the corneal wetting and thickening the precorneal tear film. It also protects the eyes by reducing the dryness and irritation.
How to use Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose eye drops/eye gel/eye solution as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil 1 or 2 drops of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose eye drops/eye solution into the conjunctival sac of the eye.
- Pull the lower eyelid gently and squeeze a thin strip of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose eye ointment in the eye. Keep the eyes closed for 1 to 2 minutes after application.
If you miss a dose of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, please use it immediately. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
Consult your doctor for possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
The following are the most common side effects of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose:
- Blurred vision
- Eye redness
- Eye irritation
- Changes in vision
- Eye pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if your symptoms do not get better after using Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- How should Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose be stored?
- How long can I use Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose?
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose must be stored at room temperature away from sunlight.
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose should be used for a prescribed duration.
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose without doctor’s consent.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.