Rs.51.40 (63% Savings)
Rs.60.00 (56% Savings)
Rs.60.50 (56% Savings)
Rs.64.00 (54% Savings)
Rs.70.00 (49% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is TAMSIN Tablet used for?
TAMSIN Tablet is used for the treatment of enlarged prostate, bladder outlet obstruction and ureteral stones.
TAMSIN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does TAMSIN Tablet work?
TAMSIN Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called alpha blockers. The drug acts by binding to certain receptors in the prostate gland, urethra and bladder. This helps in relaxing the smooth muscles of the prostate and easing the urine outflow in men.
How to take TAMSIN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take TAMSIN Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug at least one and a half hour after a meal for better drug absorption.
If you miss a dose of TAMSIN Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with TAMSIN Tablet?
Drugs that interact with TAMSIN Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of TAMSIN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of TAMSIN Tablet:
- Lower back pain
- Orthostatic hypotension
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Decreased libido
- Ejaculation problems
- Increased heart rate
- Severe diarrhoea
- Urinary incontinence
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking TAMSIN Tablet?
- Avoid taking medicine if you are allergic to TAMSIN Tablet or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with TAMSIN Tablet medicine.
- Be cautious while taking TAMSIN Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if TAMSIN Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take TAMSIN Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking TAMSIN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, hypertension, prostate cancer and bladder cancer.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have a history of electrolyte imbalance or cardiac disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you have undergone any surgery.
Frequently Asked questions about TAMSIN Tablet
- I am on TAMSIN Tablet for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How much time does TAMSIN Tablet take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of TAMSIN Tablet?
- What should I avoid while taking TAMSIN Tablet?
No, it is advised to complete the prescribed course of TAMSIN Tablet.
TAMSIN Tablet may take 2 – 3 weeks to relieve the symptoms. However, seek immediate medical care if the symptoms do not subside even after 4 weeks.
Do not alter the dose of TAMSIN Tablet medicine without consulting the doctor as it may increase the risk of side effects.
TAMSIN Tablet may impair the thinking process and alter the mental alertness. Therefore, it is advised to avoid driving, prolonged standing while taking TAMSIN Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.