What is SERENACE Injection used for?
SERENACE Injection is used for the treatment of schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders.
SERENACE Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SERENACE Injection work?
SERENACE Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. This drug acts by blocking certain chemicals that transfer nerve impulses to the brain. However, the exact mechanism of SERENACE Injection is still unknown.
How to use SERENACE Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SERENACE Injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take SERENACE Injection with or without food.
- Use a marked dropper for measuring oral liquid dosage form. This can be mixed with water or a beverage such as apple/orange juice.
- SERENACE Injection injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of SERENACE Injection , consult a doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with SERENACE Injection ?
Drugs that interact with SERENACE Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SERENACE Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of SERENACE Injection tablet/syrup:
- Difficulty in speaking
- Shuffling walk
- Muscle spasm
- Difficulty in urinating
The following are the most common side effects of SERENACE Injection injection:
- Swelling and redness at the site of injection
- Shortness of breath
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions SERENACE Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SERENACE Injection or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of SERENACE Injection .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if SERENACE Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid performing strenuous physical activities while using SERENACE Injection .
What should you tell your doctor before taking SERENACE Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of non-cancerous tumour of the adrenal gland, high blood prolactin levels, Alzheimer’s disease, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about SERENACE Injection
- How should SERENACE Injection tablet be stored?
- Can I take SERENACE Injection tablet in case of low WBC count?
- What are the other formulations of SERENACE Injection available?
- Is it safe to use SERENACE Injection if I have Parkinson’s disease?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of SERENACE Injection ?
SERENACE Injection should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture.
It is not advised to take SERENACE Injection tablet if you have low levels of WBC count asit may lead to complications. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
SERENACE Injection is available as injection, oral liquid and tablet.
No. SERENACE Injection is contraindicated for the patients with Parkinson’s disease.
No. Do not change the dose of SERENACE Injection without consulting a doctor. However, you must consult your doctor for dose-related enquiries.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.