SAAZ Tablet 10's
By IPCA LABORATORIES LTD Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is SAAZ Tablet used for?
SAAZ Tablet is used for the treatment of Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis in adults and juvenile arthritis. It is also used to treat the symptoms of ulcerative colitis, such as fever, abdominal pain, rectal bleeding and diarrhoea.
SAAZ Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does SAAZ Tablet work?
SAAZ Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the aminosalicylates. The exact mechanism of SAAZ Tablet is not known. This drug is broken down in the colon by the bacteria into sulphapyridine and 5-aminosalicylic acid and exhibits the anti-inflammatory action.
How to use SAAZ Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use SAAZ Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- SAAZ Tablet paste should be applied as a thin layer over the affected area.
If you miss a dose of SAAZ Tablet, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with SAAZ Tablet?
Drugs that interact with SAAZ Tablet include the following:
- Sodium bisphosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of SAAZ Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of SAAZ Tablet tablet :
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Dark urine
The following are the most common side effects of SAAZ Tablet paste :
- Skin rash
- Blue coloured skin
- Burning of the skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using SAAZ Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to SAAZ Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using SAAZ Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use SAAZ Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using SAAZ Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of arthritis, kidney dysfunction and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about SAAZ Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of SAAZ Tablet tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking SAAZ Tablet tablet?
- What are the contraindications of SAAZ Tablet tablet?
- How should SAAZ Tablet be stored?
The overdose symptoms of SAAZ Tablet include seizures, severe stomach pain, persistent vomiting and extreme drowsiness.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for laboratory parameters such as complete blood count, liver and kidney function tests while taking SAAZ Tablet.
SAAZ Tablet is contraindicated in conditions, such as porphyria, asthma, and intestinal blockage.
SAAZ Tablet must be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC), away from sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.