What is ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet used for?
ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of asthma, seasonal allergies and persistent reversible airways obstruction.
ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet work?
In ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination, Bambuterol belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilator agents. The drug acts by catalysing the enzyme, which is essential for the conversion of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to the cyclic AMP. Thus, it helps in relaxation of the bronchial smooth muscle.
Montelukast belongs to the class of drugs called leukotriene receptor antagonists. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain inflammatory mediators in the airway passages, thereby reducing the inflammation and nasal congestion. Thus, it helps to improve the symptoms of asthma and prevent breathing problems from seasonal allergies.
How to take ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination include the following:
- Stomach pain
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination:
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Swelling of the sinuses
- Numbness of hands and legs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination medicine for induced bronchospasm.
- Avoid taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination in children without consulting a doctor.
- Avoid taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination if you are sensitive to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) medications.
You are advised not to take ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart failure or an overactive thyroid gland.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet
Frequently Asked Questions about ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination?
- Is it safe to take ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination while suffering from liver cirrhosis?
- Is ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination safe to use while undergoing treatment for dialysis?
- Is it safe to take ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination?
Yes. It is required to monitor the blood sugar levels while taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination as it can increase your blood sugar levels.
No. It is not advisable to take ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination if you have hepatic impairment.
Consult your doctor before taking ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination if you are undergoing dialysis treatment.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination during pregnancy.
No. Altering the dose of ROMILAST B 5mg Tablet combination is not advisable as it can increase your risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.