What is REVOCON 25mg Tablet used for?
REVOCON 25mg Tablet is used for the treatment of uncontrolled movements (chorea) associated with Huntington’s disease.
REVOCON 25mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does REVOCON 25mg Tablet work?
REVOCON 25mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the monoamine depletors. This drug acts by decreasing certain natural substances in the brain, such as, dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine, which are responsible for nerve and muscle function. Thus, it helps in lowering the uncontrolled movements.
How to take REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take REVOCON 25mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of REVOCON 25mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with REVOCON 25mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of REVOCON 25mg Tablet:
- Decreased appetite
- Unable to sleep
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Trouble concentrating
- Sore throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to REVOCON 25mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid alcohol while taking REVOCON 25mg Tablet medication as it may alter the absorption of the drug.
- Avoid REVOCON 25mg Tablet medication if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant.
You are advised not to take REVOCON 25mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of depression or liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are on Reserpine medication.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about REVOCON 25mg Tablet
- What are the overdose symptoms of REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of REVOCON 25mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on REVOCON 25mg Tablet medication?
The overdose symptoms of REVOCON 25mg Tablet may include severe drowsiness, muscle pain, sweating, dizziness and fixed upward position of eyeballs.
Contraindications of REVOCON 25mg Tablet include mood changes, depression, Parkinson’s disease, blood pressure drop on standing and rapid heartbeat.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure regularly while taking REVOCON 25mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.