What is RENVELA 800mg Sachet used for?
RENVELA 800mg Sachet is used to control serum phosphate levels in patients undergoing dialysis.
RENVELA 800mg Sachet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RENVELA 800mg Sachet work?
RENVELA 800mg Sachet belongs to the class of drugs called as the phosphate binders. This drug acts by binding to the phosphate absorbed in the gut. Thus, it helps in decreasing the serum parathyroid hormone levels.
How to take RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RENVELA 800mg Sachet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of RENVELA 800mg Sachet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
Drugs that interact with RENVELA 800mg Sachet include the following:
- Potassium phosphate
- Sodium phosphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
The following are the most common side effects of RENVELA 800mg Sachet:
- Stomach discomfort
- Passing gas
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody stools
- Severe vomiting
- Trouble breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RENVELA 800mg Sachet or similar drugs.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with RENVELA 800mg Sachet.
- Be cautious while taking RENVELA 800mg Sachet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of RENVELA 800mg Sachet.
You are advised not to take RENVELA 800mg Sachet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RENVELA 800mg Sachet
- Do I need to avoid any food products while on RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
- What are the contraindications of RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
- What are the available formulations of RENVELA 800mg Sachet?
Yes, it is advised to avoid foods such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, cola, egg yolks, and processed meat while taking RENVELA 800mg Sachet.
Contraindications of RENVELA 800mg Sachet include bowel obstruction and hypersensitivity to the drug. Please consult your doctor for further information.
RENVELA 800mg Sachet is available as tablet, oral powder and capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.