Rs.69.00 (71% Savings)
Rs.92.70 (61% Savings)
Rs.160.00 (33% Savings)
Rs.163.60 (32% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is REDOTIL 100mg Capsule used for?
REDOTIL 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet/powder is used for the treatment of acute diarrhoea.
REDOTIL 100mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does REDOTIL 100mg Capsule work?
REDOTIL 100mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-diarrhoeal agents. This drug acts by increasing the ability of endogenous opioids and reducing the amount of water and electrolytes that are secreted into the intestine. Thus, the drug makes the stools less watery and controls diarrhoea.
How to take REDOTIL 100mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take REDOTIL 100mg Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food.
- Add the sachet contents into half a glass of water. Mix well to ensure that powder is fully dissolved.
What are the drugs that interact with REDOTIL 100mg Capsule?
Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of REDOTIL 100mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of REDOTIL 100mg Capsule:
- Swelling on face or lips
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Increased thirst
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking REDOTIL 100mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to REDOTIL 100mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Notify your doctor before taking REDOTIL 100mg Capsule during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Discontinue the use of REDOTIL 100mg Capsule and consult your doctor immediately if you develop any skin rash.
You are advised not to take REDOTIL 100mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking REDOTIL 100mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal disorders, liver dysfunction, heart or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to REDOTIL 100mg Capsule.
Frequently Asked questions about REDOTIL 100mg Capsule
- How much time does REDOTIL 100mg Capsule take to show its effect?
- Can REDOTIL 100mg Capsule be refrigerated?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking REDOTIL 100mg Capsule capsule/tablet?
REDOTIL 100mg Capsule medication may take about 1 to 2 hours to show its effect.
No. REDOTIL 100mg Capsule should be stored at room temperature away from heat and excess moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
You must increase the intake of fluids, which helps in maintaining the electrolyte balance as diarrhoea may decrease the water retention capacity.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.