RASALECT 1mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is RASALECT 1mg Tablet used for?
RASALECT 1mg Tablet is used for the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
RASALECT 1mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RASALECT 1mg Tablet work?
RASALECT 1mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors. RASALECT 1mg Tablet works by inhibiting the MAO enzyme from breaking down the neurotransmitters called dopamine and norepinephrine. This causes an increase in the levels of these neurotransmitters in the brain, which reduces the symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease.
How to take RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RASALECT 1mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take RASALECT 1mg Tablet with or without food. You must take the tablet at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose of RASALECT 1mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with RASALECT 1mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RASALECT 1mg Tablet:
- Joint pain
- Dry mouth
- Weight loss
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Muscle stiffness
- Swollen ankles
- Easy bruising
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on RASALECT 1mg Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have rapid swelling of lips, throat and tongue.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid smoking as it may decrease the blood levels of the drug and makes it less effective.
- Be cautious while taking RASALECT 1mg Tablet if you have any history of decreased liver function.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RASALECT 1mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take RASALECT 1mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to RASALECT 1mg Tablet.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RASALECT 1mg Tablet
- Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
- Is it common to develop mood disorders while taking RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
- Can I take Fluoxetine while on RASALECT 1mg Tablet?
- How is RASALECT 1mg Tablet stored?
It is not advisable to consume alcohol while taking RASALECT 1mg Tablet as it may cause excessive dizziness.
Mood disorders, such as depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are the severe side effects of RASALECT 1mg Tablet. Therefore, immediately inform your doctor if you experience any symptoms associated with those conditions.
It is not safe to take anti-depressants, such as Fluoxetine with RASALECT 1mg Tablet, as it may increase the levels of serotonin. Excessive levels of serotonin may cause serotonin syndrome, which may be fatal.
RASALECT 1mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (15 – 30°C) and in a dry place, away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.