Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
RALISTA Tablet 10's
What is RALISTA Tablet used for?
RALISTA Tablet is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
RALISTA Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RALISTA Tablet work?
RALISTA Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called selective oestrogen receptor modulators (SERMs). This drug acts by reducing the bone resorption and increasing the bone mineral density in post-menopausal women. It also acts by blocking the uterotrophic responses to oestrogen. Thus, it strengthens the bones and reduces the risk of fractures.
How to take RALISTA Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take RALISTA Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of RALISTA Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of RALISTA Tablet may include:
- Leg cramps
- Loss of coordination
What are the drugs that interact with RALISTA Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RALISTA Tablet include the following:
- Tranexamic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RALISTA Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RALISTA Tablet:
- Painful urination
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Congestion in throat
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Changes in vision
- Leg cramps
- Severe dizziness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking RALISTA Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RALISTA Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of RALISTA Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if RALISTA Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Be cautious while taking RALISTA Tablet if you have any history of high serum triglyceride levels.
- Increase the intake of calcium and vitamin D supplements while taking RALISTA Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take RALISTA Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking RALISTA Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking Raloxifine medication while on Warfarin.
- Inform your doctor if you are scheduled for any surgery.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any vaginal bleeding while taking this medicine.
Frequently Asked questions about RALISTA Tablet
- Is it safe to breastfeed while on RALISTA Tablet medication?
- How should RALISTA Tablet be stored?
- Can I suggest RALISTA Tablet to another person with same symptoms?
- Is it safe to take RALISTA Tablet if I have a history of clotting disorder?
Avoid nursing a baby while taking RALISTA Tablet medication. However, consult your doctor during breastfeeding.
RALISTA Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
No. It is not advised to suggest RALISTA Tablet medication to another person with same symptoms. RALISTA Tablet should be taken only when prescribed by the doctor.
RALISTA Tablet may increase the risk of blood clot formation in the blood vessels. Notify the doctor about your health condition before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.