Rs.39.00 (72% Savings)
Rs.58.00 (59% Savings)
Rs.74.56 (47% Savings)
Rs.106.00 (25% Savings)
Rs.110.00 (22% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is RABLET 40mg Tablet used for?
RABLET 40mg Tablet is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Duodenal ulcer
- Benign gastric ulcer
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
RABLET 40mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does RABLET 40mg Tablet work?
RABLET 40mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called proton-pump inhibitors. This drug acts by inhibiting gastric acid secretion by inhibiting the activity of proton channels in the GI tract. Thus, it helps in relieving the symptoms associated with gastric disorders.
How to use RABLET 40mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use RABLET 40mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug on an empty stomach, at least 30 minutes before meals.
- RABLET 40mg Tablet injection should be administered only under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of RABLET 40mg Tablet, please consult the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with RABLET 40mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with RABLET 40mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of RABLET 40mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of RABLET 40mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Muscle weakness
- Watery stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using RABLET 40mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to RABLET 40mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of RABLET 40mg Tablet.
- Avoid RABLET 40mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using RABLET 40mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use RABLET 40mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using RABLET 40mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about RABLET 40mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use RABLET 40mg Tablet in case of osteoporosis?
- What is the usual dose of RABLET 40mg Tablet for treating duodenal ulcer?
- Is RABLET 40mg Tablet recommended in the treatment ofHelicobacter pyloriinfection?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using RABLET 40mg Tablet?
No. Use of RABLET 40mg Tablet increases the risk of fractures, so it is unsafe to use RABLET 40mg Tablet in osteoporosis condition. Please consult your doctor.
The usual dose of RABLET 40mg Tablet for treating duodenal ulcer is 20 mg/day orally. However, please consult your doctor for dosage related information.
Yes. RABLET 40mg Tablet can be used to treatHelicobacter pyloriinfection when recommended by the doctor.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for blood electrolyte levels and bone mineral density regularly while using RABLET 40mg Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.