QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
10% Unlimited NMS Cash*
(on All Full Pre-Paid Orders)
*Cashback validity: 31 days
What is QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet used for?
QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It helps in relieving symptoms, such as mania and depression.
QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet work?
QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called atypical anti-psychotics. This drug acts by antagonising the action of dopaminergic neurotransmission and certain receptors at the frontal cortex. Antagonism of these receptors leads to the reduction of symptoms associated with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
How to take QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet may include:
- Severe drowsiness
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficulty in breathing
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet:
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Increased anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet
- Can I take QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet while using Amiodarone?
- Is it safe to use QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet in diabetic patients?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet?
No. it is not advised to take QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet while using Amiodarone. Concomitant use of these medicines may affect the heart rhythm. Please consult your doctor.
No. QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet may increase the blood sugar levels. Therefore, it is unsafe to use QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet in diabetic patients. Please consult your doctor.
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood pressure, blood glucose levels and blood cholesterol levels regularly while taking QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet.
QUTIPIN 50mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with breast cancer, hypothyroidism, obesity, anaemia, hypertension and heart attack.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.