What is PRIVENT DT Tablet used for?
PRIVENT DT Tablet eye drops are used for the prevention and treatment of allergic or seasonal conjunctivitis.
PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet is used to relieve the symptoms of asthma. PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet is used as a part of chronic treatment for mild atopic asthma.
PRIVENT DT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PRIVENT DT Tablet work?
PRIVENT DT Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. Histamines are the inflammatory mediators, which are responsible for allergic symptoms. PRIVENT DT Tablet acts by inhibiting the release of histamines from the mast cells.
How to use PRIVENT DT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PRIVENT DT Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instill one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye usually twice a day. Do not let the dropper tip to touch your eye or any other surface so as to avoid contamination.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
The overdose symptoms of PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet may include:
- Passing out
- Increased difficulty in breathing
What are the drugs that interact with PRIVENT DT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet include the following:
- Sleeping pills
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PRIVENT DT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PRIVENT DT Tablet eye drops:
- Irritation of eyes
- Stuffy nose
- Dry eyes
- Eye pain
- Increased redness or swelling of eyes
The following are the most common side effects of PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet:
- Trouble in breathing
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PRIVENT DT Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PRIVENT DT Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PRIVENT DT Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid PRIVENT DT Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
What should you tell your doctor before using PRIVENT DT Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any other respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if have undergone any eye surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about PRIVENT DT Tablet
- How should PRIVENT DT Tablet be stored?
- Can I use oral anti-diabetic drugs along with PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PRIVENT DT Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to use PRIVENT DT Tablet eye drops in patients with glaucoma?
Store PRIVENT DT Tablet at room temperature, away from heat and moisture.
Concomitant use of PRIVENT DT Tablet with oral anti-diabetic drugs may result in reversible thrombocytopenia (low platelet count). Consult your doctor before using any drug.
No. It is not safe to change the dose of PRIVENT DT Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
You should not use PRIVENT DT Tablet eye drops if you have glaucoma. Please consult your doctor before using the drug.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.