Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
What is PREDMET Eye Drops used for?
PREDMET Eye Drops is used for the treatment of redness and inflammation of eyes.
PREDMET Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PREDMET Eye Drops work?
PREDMET Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by reducing the capillary dilatation of vascular structures by inhibiting the leukocyte infiltration. Thus, it reduces the inflammation.
How to use PREDMET Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PREDMET Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of PREDMET Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PREDMET Eye Drops?
Smallpox vaccine is the only drug that interacts with PREDMET Eye Drops. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PREDMET Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of PREDMET Eye Drops:
- Eye irritation
- Burning of eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Temporary cloudy vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sudden vision changes
- Severe headache
- Eye pain
- Swelling of the eye
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while Using PREDMET Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PREDMET Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PREDMET Eye Drops causes blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before using PREDMET Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of cataract or eye surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PREDMET Eye Drops
- Is it safe to use contact lenses while using PREDMET Eye Drops eye drops?
- How long can I use PREDMET Eye Drops?
- Can PREDMET Eye Drops be frozen?
You should not wear contact lenses while using PREDMET Eye Drops, as it may increase the risk of inflammation.
PREDMET Eye Drops should be used for a prescribed duration of time. Do not discontinue the drug without consulting a doctor.
No. Do not use the frozen form of Prednisolone acetate. It should be stored at room temperature, away from excess moisture. Ensure that the lid of the medicine is tightly closed.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.