PICLIN Tablet 10's
By Menarini India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is PICLIN Tablet used for?
PICLIN Tablet is used to relieve constipation.
PICLIN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PICLIN Tablet work?
PICLIN Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called laxatives. This drug acts by stimulating the nerve endings in the walls of large intestine and rectum, which promotes the peristaltic movement. This movement helps in emptying the bowel and relieving constipation.
How to use PICLIN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PICLIN Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of PICLIN Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of PICLIN Tablet may include:
- Abdominal cramps
- Imbalance in electrolytes
What are the drugs that interact with PICLIN Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PICLIN Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PICLIN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PICLIN Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Allergic reaction
- Trouble breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Swelling of face/throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using PICLIN Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PICLIN Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose of more than what is prescribed.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on PICLIN Tablet.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Consult your doctor before using PICLIN Tablet medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Be cautious while using PICLIN Tablet medication if you have any history of liver disease or epilepsy.
You are advised not to use PICLIN Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using PICLIN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of the severe inflammatory disease or severe dehydration.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about PICLIN Tablet
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using PICLIN Tablet medication?
- How should PICLIN Tablet be stored?
- How long can I use PICLIN Tablet?
- Is it safe to use PICLIN Tablet if I have undergone appendectomy?
Increase the intake of fibre-rich foods and drink plenty of water while taking PICLIN Tablet.
PICLIN Tablet should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, sunlight and moisture.
PICLIN Tablet should be used for a prescribed duration of time. Excessive use of the medication can cause chronic diarrhoea and electrolyte imbalance.
It is not advisable to use PICLIN Tablet if you have undergone appendectomy. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.