What is PERIVALAN Tablet used for?
PERIVALAN Tablet is used for the treatment of problems associated with poor blood circulation. It is recommended for the patients with following conditions:
- Cerebral vascular insufficiency
- Arteriosclerosis obliterans
- Buerger’s disease
- Raynaud’s disease
PERIVALAN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PERIVALAN Tablet work?
PERIVALAN Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. The drug acts by dilating and relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it improves the blood flow in the blood vessels.
How to use PERIVALAN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take PERIVALAN Tablet with or without food.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not open, crush or chew the capsule.
- PERIVALAN Tablet injection is administered intravenously under the medical supervision.
The overdose symptoms of PERIVALAN Tablet may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe abdominal pain
What are the drugs that interact with PERIVALAN Tablet?
Drugs that interact with PERIVALAN Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PERIVALAN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of PERIVALAN Tablet:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PERIVALAN Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PERIVALAN Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while using PERIVALAN Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with
- Do not stop PERIVALAN Tablet abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before taking PERIVALAN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about PERIVALAN Tablet
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking PERIVALAN Tablet tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of PERIVALAN Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of PERIVALAN Tablet?
- How should PERIVALAN Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use PERIVALAN Tablet in patients with haemophilia?
Follow the normal diet while using PERIVALAN Tablet unless your doctor provides any dietary instructions.
Do not change the dose of PERIVALAN Tablet unless suggested by the doctor.
PERIVALAN Tablet is contraindicated in case of low blood pressure, bleeding disorders and tachycardia.
Store PERIVALAN Tablet at room temperature (25 – 30°C), away from the light and moisture.
No. PERIVALAN Tablet is not safe to use in patients with haemophilia.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.