What is PENFEN Eye Drops used for?
PENFEN Eye Drops is used to relieve pain, dryness, irritation and inflammation in the eyes.
PENFEN Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PENFEN Eye Drops work?
In PENFEN Eye Drops, Flurbiprofen belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It works by inhibiting the production of certain chemicals called prostaglandin, which helps in reducing pain and inflammation.
Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose belongs to the class of drugs called eye lubricants. It helps in moistening or lubricating the surface of the eye.
Phenylmercury Acetate is used as an additive in ophthalmic solution.
How to use PENFEN Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PENFEN Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
Instil one or two drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of PENFEN Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PENFEN Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with PENFEN Eye Drops are:
- Povidone Iodine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PENFEN Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of PENFEN Eye Drops:
- Eye irritation
- Burning sensation
- Tingling sensation
- Eye redness
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Visual impairment
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions PENFEN Eye Drops?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on PENFEN Eye Drops
- Do not consume alcohol while using PENFEN Eye Drops as it may cause blurred vision.
- Avoid PENFEN Eye Drops in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not keep the eye drops in the freezer.
You are advised not to use PENFEN Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using PENFEN Eye Drops?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing eye disease, liver disease, kidney impairment or heart disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in PENFEN Eye Drops
Frequently Asked Questions about PENFEN Eye Drops
- Can I discontinue using PENFEN Eye Drops if I feel better?
- What are the overdose symptoms of PENFEN Eye Drops?
- Can I use few more drops of PENFEN Eye Drops to get rid of ocular irritation?
- Can I use contact lens while using PENFEN Eye Drops?
Do not stop using PENFEN Eye Drops abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to relapse.
The overdose symptoms of PENFEN Eye Drops are itchy eyes, blurred vision and watery eyes.
Ocular irritation is one of the side effects of PENFEN Eye Drops. Therefore, using PENFEN Eye Drops more than the prescribed dosage may cause adverse effects. Please consult your doctor immediately to get relief from eye irritation.
Remove your contact lens before using the eye drops and wait for at least 15 minutes before wearing them again.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.