PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule 5's
What is PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule used for?
PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule is used to treat nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy.
PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule work?
PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called anti-emetics. This drug acts by blocking certain receptors in the brain, which results in preventing nausea and vomiting.
How to use PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule:
- Muscle aches
- Numbness in hands, feet, or lips
- Trouble sleeping
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid using PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of pre-existing health conditions, such as liver or kidney impairment.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule
- Can I use PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule before any scheduled surgery?
- Can I alter the dose of PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
- How long can I use PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule?
No, it is also advised to inform your doctor about the usage of PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule before any scheduled surgery.
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule without doctor’s consent.
It is advised to use PALOZAC 0.5mg Capsule for a prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you must discontinue the medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.