OXETOL 300mg Tablet 10's
|Available substitute||28 substitute/s available|
Rs.43.40 (50% Savings)
Rs.52.50 (40% Savings)
Rs.65.77 (25% Savings)
Rs.71.00 (19% Savings)
Rs.74.28 (15% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Oxcarbazepine used for?
Oxcarbazepine is used for the treatment of seizures.
Oxcarbazepine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Oxcarbazepine work?
Oxcarbazepine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptic drugs. This drug acts by inhibiting the transmission of synaptic impulses. Thus, it helps in reducing seizures.
How to take Oxcarbazepine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Oxcarbazepine as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug before or after meals.
If you miss a dose of Oxcarbazepine, please take immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Oxcarbazepine include the following:
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Oxcarbazepine?
Drugs that interact with Oxcarbazepine include the following:
- Benzoic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Oxcarbazepine?
The following are the most common side effects of Oxcarbazepine:
- Trouble sleeping
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Behavioural changes
- Mood alterations
- Vision impairment
- Uncontrollable eye movements
- Easy bleeding
- Unusual tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Oxcarbazepine?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Oxcarbazepine or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Oxcarbazepine.
- Be cautious while taking Oxcarbazepine if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Oxcarbazepine causes blurred vision or dizziness.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid taking Oxcarbazepine if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take Oxcarbazepine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Oxcarbazepine?
- Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Oxcarbazepine
- How should Oxcarbazepine be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Oxcarbazepine?
- Do I have to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Oxcarbazepine?
Oxcarbazepine should be stored at 25O C away from sunlight, heat and radiation.
Yes, it is advised to consume sodium-rich diet while taking Oxcarbazepine.
Yes. Complete blood count should be regularly performed while taking Oxcarbazepine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.