What is OMNI HOT Gel used for?
OMNI HOT Gel gel/ointment/spray is used for relieving the symptoms of pain and inflammation.
OMNI HOT Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OMNI HOT Gel work?
In OMNI HOT Gel, Diclofenac Sodium belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The drug acts by inhibiting cyclooxygenase and leukocyte migration, thereby enabling the inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis. Thus, it helps to decrease the inflammatory chemicals in the body and reduces the pain.
Linseed Oil exhibits its anaesthetic properties and plays a vital role in reducing and improving symptomatic and induced inflammatory condition.
Menthol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics. The drug works by stimulating certain receptors, which are responsible for providing numbness and cooling effect. Thus, it helps in reducing pain.
Methyl Salicylate belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics. The drug acts by decreasing the synthesis, storage and transport of chemicals, thereby inducing the pain impulses in the brain. Thus, it helps in relieving the pain at the site of inflammation.
How to use OMNI HOT Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use OMNI HOT Gel gel/ointment/spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of OMNI HOT Gel gel/ointment on the intended area and rub gently.
- For OMNI HOT Gel spray, please follow the instructions provided in the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of OMNI HOT Gel, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with OMNI HOT Gel?
Drugs that interact with OMNI HOT Gel include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OMNI HOT Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of OMNI HOT Gel:
- Skin irritation
- Stinging or burning sensation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Blistering of the skin
- Severe burning or swelling of the skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using OMNI HOT Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OMNI HOT Gel or similar drugs.
- Avoid using OMNI HOT Gel on open wounds and damaged skin.
- Do not use OMNI HOT Gel medicine in the genital areas.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not apply an excess amount of OMNI HOT Gel as it can result in pilling.
- Consult the doctor before applying for OMNI HOT Gel medicine along with Betamethasone.
You are advised not to use OMNI HOT Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using OMNI HOT Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of persistent skin diseases and chronic bronchitis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about OMNI HOT Gel
- How long can I use OMNI HOT Gel?
- Is it safe to use OMNI HOT Gel in children?
- How should OMNI HOT Gel be stored?
OMNI HOT Gel should be used for the prescribed duration of time.
It is not advisable to use OMNI HOT Gel medicine in children below 12 years of age. However, please consult your doctor.
OMNI HOT Gel should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30oC) away from heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.