What is OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet used for?
OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension, stroke and kidney diseases.
OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet work?
In OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. It lowers the fluid content in the blood vessels by increasing the urine volume.
Olmesartan Medoxomil belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-II receptor blockers. It controls blood pressure by preventing the narrowing of blood vessels. Thus, it increases the flow of blood in the blood vessels.
How to take OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet may include:
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Increased sweating
- Increased urination
What are the drugs that interact with OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach upset
- Weight loss
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bladder pain
- Blood in urine
- Blurry vision
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest discomfort
- Muscle cramping
- Tarry stools
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, heart, liver or kidney disorders while taking OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea before taking the medicine as it increases the risk of fluid loss.
Frequently Asked Questions about OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet
- I am on OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet for hypertension. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet medicine?
- What are the other formulations available for OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet?
Do not stop taking OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet without informing the doctor.
Store OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet medicine at room temperature or below 25?C.
It is advised to have a regular check on your blood pressure while taking OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet medicine to prevent the risk of hypotension.
Do not alter the dose of OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet without consulting the doctor as it may increase the risk of side effects.
OLMESAR H 20mg Tablet is available only as tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.