OLIZA 15mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.38.10 (64% Savings)
Rs.64.00 (40% Savings)
Rs.67.30 (37% Savings)
Rs.75.00 (29% Savings)
Rs.81.96 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is OLIZA 15mg Tablet used for?
OLIZA 15mg Tablet is used for the treatment of mental conditions, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
OLIZA 15mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OLIZA 15mg Tablet work?
OLIZA 15mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-psychotics. This drug acts by inhibiting certain receptors in the brain, which results in relieving positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
How to take OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take OLIZA 15mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take OLIZA 15mg Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of OLIZA 15mg Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of OLIZA 15mg Tablet include the following:
- Severe drowsiness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with OLIZA 15mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of OLIZA 15mg Tablet:
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Decreased heartbeat
- Mental/mood alterations
- Yellow skin/eyes
- Numbness in feet/arms
- Abdominal pain
- Trouble urinating
- Difficulty in swallowing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to OLIZA 15mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of OLIZA 15mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if OLIZA 15mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid OLIZA 15mg Tablet during breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking OLIZA 15mg Tablet if you have stomach or intestinal diseases.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take OLIZA 15mg Tablet if:
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, seizures, liver problems, difficulty swallowing, difficulty breathing, dementia, seizures, heart disease or trouble breathing.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about OLIZA 15mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
- How should OLIZA 15mg Tablet be stored?
- Can I take OLIZA 15mg Tablet medication to treat dementia?
- What are the contraindications of OLIZA 15mg Tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor your blood glucose levels and complete blood picture regularly while taking OLIZA 15mg Tablet medication.
OLIZA 15mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
No. OLIZA 15mg Tablet is not prescribed to treat dementia. Please consult your doctor for appropriate medication in case of dementia.
OLIZA 15mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with glaucoma.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.