OCTAMOP Lotion 30ml
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is OCTAMOP Lotion used for?
OCTAMOP Lotion oral is used for the treatment of psoriasis.
OCTAMOP Lotion topical is used along with the exposure to ultraviolet rays to treat skin diseases, such as psoriasis and vitiligo (white patches on the skin).
OCTAMOP Lotion may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does OCTAMOP Lotion work?
OCTAMOP Lotion belongs to a class of drugs called psoralens. It works by enhancing the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet light A (UVA), which helps in clearing the disease.
How to use OCTAMOP Lotion?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule.
- For topical application, apply a thin layer of cream/ointment on the affected area and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of OCTAMOP Lotion, consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with OCTAMOP Lotion?
The drugs that interact with OCTAMOP Lotion topical are:
- Aminolevulinic acid
- Methyl aminolevulinate
The drugs that interact with OCTAMOP Lotion oral are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of OCTAMOP Lotion?
The following are the most common side effects of OCTAMOP Lotion topical:
- Peeling of skin
- Blistering of the skin
The following are the most common side effects of OCTAMOP Lotion oral:
- Trouble sleeping
- Darkening of skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using OCTAMOP Lotion?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on OCTAMOP Lotion
- Keep the medicine away from children.
- Do not apply any cream on the moist skin. Wash and dry the affected area before applying OCTAMOP Lotion
- Do not apply the cream on injured or bruised area.
What should you tell your doctor before using OCTAMOP Lotion?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to OCTAMOP Lotion.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing skin disorders, liver or heart diseases.
Frequently Asked questions about OCTAMOP Lotion
- Can I use a larger dose of OCTAMOP Lotion for faster recovery?
- What are the overdose symptoms of OCTAMOP Lotion?
- Does OCTAMOP Lotion treat mycosis fungoides?
No, do not exceed the prescribed dosage as it result in severe skin problems.
The overdose symptoms of OCTAMOP Lotion include unusual weakness, mouth sores, nausea, vomiting, bloody stools, and easy bruising. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
Yes, OCTAMOP Lotion also helps in the treatment of mycosis fungoides, which is a type of lymphoma. However, please consult your doctor before using OCTAMOP Lotion.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.