MONTEK PLUS Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Bambuterol + Montelukast used for?
Bambuterol + Montelukast combination tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of asthma, seasonal allergies and persistent reversible airways obstruction.
Bambuterol + Montelukast combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Bambuterol + Montelukast work?
In Bambuterol + Montelukast combination, Bambuterol belongs to the class of drugs called bronchodilator agents. The drug acts by catalysing the enzyme, which is essential for the conversion of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) to the cyclic AMP. Thus, it helps in relaxation of the bronchial smooth muscle.
Montelukast belongs to the class of drugs called leukotriene receptor antagonists. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain inflammatory mediators in the airway passages, thereby reducing the inflammation and nasal congestion. Thus, it helps to improve the symptoms of asthma and prevent breathing problems from seasonal allergies.
How to take Bambuterol + Montelukast?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Bambuterol + Montelukast combination tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of Bambuterol + Montelukast combination, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Bambuterol + Montelukast combination include the following:
- Stomach pain
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Bambuterol + Montelukast?
Drugs that interact with Bambuterol + Montelukast combination include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Bambuterol + Montelukast?
The following are the most common side effects of Bambuterol + Montelukast combination:
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Flu-like symptoms
- Swelling of the sinuses
- Numbness of hands and legs
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Bambuterol + Montelukast?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to Bambuterol + Montelukast combination or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Bambuterol + Montelukast
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Bambuterol + Montelukast combination causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid taking Bambuterol + Montelukast combination medicine for induced bronchospasm.
- Avoid taking Bambuterol + Montelukast combination in children without consulting a doctor.
- Avoid taking Bambuterol + Montelukast combination if you are sensitive to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) medications.
You are advised not to take Bambuterol + Montelukast combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Bambuterol + Montelukast?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart failure or an overactive thyroid gland.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking Bambuterol + Montelukast
Frequently Asked Questions about Bambuterol + Montelukast
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking Bambuterol + Montelukast combination?
- Is it safe to take Bambuterol + Montelukast combination while suffering from liver cirrhosis?
- Is Bambuterol + Montelukast combination safe to use while undergoing treatment for dialysis?
- Is it safe to take Bambuterol + Montelukast combination during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Bambuterol + Montelukast combination?
Yes. It is required to monitor the blood sugar levels while taking Bambuterol + Montelukast combination as it can increase your blood sugar levels.
No. It is not advisable to take Bambuterol + Montelukast combination if you have hepatic impairment.
Consult your doctor before taking Bambuterol + Montelukast combination if you are undergoing dialysis treatment.
Consult your doctor to discuss the potential risks and benefits of Bambuterol + Montelukast combination during pregnancy.
No. Altering the dose of Bambuterol + Montelukast combination is not advisable as it can increase your risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.