MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule used for?
MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule capsule is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Heart attack
- Angina pectoris
MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule work?
In MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule, Aspirin belongs to the class of drugs called anti-platelet drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain enzymes and inhibits the production of thromboxane, which results in the prevention of blood clots.
Atorvastatin belongs to the class of drugs called statins. The drug acts by blocking the action of certain liver enzymes, thereby reduces the levels of bad cholesterol. Thus, it reduces the risk of heart diseases.
Glycine is an amino acid, it acts by providing necessary proteins for the transmission of signals in the brain, thereby limiting the brain damage caused due to the stroke.
How to take MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
Drugs that interact with MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Ringing in ears
- Excessive tiredness
- Yellowing of skin
- Muscle pain
- Severe stomach pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, stomach problems, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule
- Is it safe to take MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule in individuals with vitamin K deficiency?
- How should MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
- Is it safe to drink grapefruit juice while taking MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule?
No. It is unsafe to take MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule in individuals with low levels of vitamin K, as it increases the risk of bleeding.
Store MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
It is advised to follow a low-cholesterol diet and a fibre-rich diet while taking MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule.
No, it is not advised to drink grapefruit juice while taking MODLIP ASG 20mg Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.