What is METATOP Nasal Spray used for?
METATOP Nasal Spray is used for the treatment of following skin conditions:
- Skin irritation
METATOP Nasal Spray may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does METATOP Nasal Spray work?
METATOP Nasal Spray belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Thus, it helps in suppressing the inflammation.
How to apply METATOP Nasal Spray?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use METATOP Nasal Spray as prescribed by your doctor.
- Before applying the medication, make sure that the area to be treated is clean and dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Mometasone furoate on the affected area and rub it gently.
The overdose symptoms of METATOP Nasal Spray may include:
- Skin irritation
- Skin burn
What are the drugs that interact with METATOP Nasal Spray?
Omacetaxine is the only drug that may interact with Mometasone furoate. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of METATOP Nasal Spray?
The following are the most common side effects of METATOP Nasal Spray:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin irritation
- Loss of elasticity
- Darkened skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using METATOP Nasal Spray?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to METATOP Nasal Spray or similar drugs.
- Keep the medication away from the reach of children.
- Do not use METATOP Nasal Spray for a longer duration than prescribed.
- Do not use METATOP Nasal Spray medication on the face or genital areas.
- Be cautious while using METATOP Nasal Spray over chronic skin infections.
- Avoid using the medication over dressings, bandages.
What should you tell your doctor before using METATOP Nasal Spray?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have a sensitive skin.
- Inform your doctor before using METATOP Nasal Spray medication in children.
Frequently Asked questions about METATOP Nasal Spray
- Is it safe to apply METATOP Nasal Spray over a damaged skin?
- Can METATOP Nasal Spray be used to treat diaper rash?
- Is it common to experience swelling or redness while using METATOP Nasal Spray medication?
- How long can METATOP Nasal Spray be used?
- Is it safe to use a larger dose of METATOP Nasal Spray for faster recovery?
Avoid using METATOP Nasal Spray over cuts, wounds, irritated and damaged skin. Please consult your doctor.
No. Do not use METATOP Nasal Spray to treat a diaper rash. Please consult your doctor.
Swelling and redness of the skin are common side effects of METATOP Nasal Spray. However, consult your doctor immediately if the symptoms persist or worsens.
METATOP Nasal Spray should not be used for more than 3 weeks. Please consult your doctor for further information.
No. Avoid using a larger dose of the medication as it may lead to skin burn or peeling of skin. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.