Rs.646.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.660.00 (43% Savings)
Rs.698.10 (39% Savings)
Rs.900.00 (22% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.934.50 (19% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is MEROBAX 1gm Injection used for?
MEROBAX 1gm Injection is used for the treatment of bacterial skin and stomach infections. It is also recommended for the treatment of meningitis.
MEROBAX 1gm Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does MEROBAX 1gm Injection work?
MEROBAX 1gm Injection belongs to the class of drugs called carbapenems. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall and reducing the growth of the pathogenic bacteria.
How to administer MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
MEROBAX 1gm Injection is available as an injection. Therefore, it should be administered under the medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of MEROBAX 1gm Injection , please consult the doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
Drugs that interact with MEROBAX 1gm Injection include the following:
- Divalproex sodium
- Valproic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of MEROBAX 1gm Injection :
- Sores in the mouth
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Unusual bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
- Swelling of face or throat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to MEROBAX 1gm Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if MEROBAX 1gm Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid MEROBAX 1gm Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Be cautious while using MEROBAX 1gm Injection if you have any history of asthma, kidney or liver impairment.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of asthma, chronic lung disease, kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MEROBAX 1gm Injection
- Is it safe to receive cholera vaccine while using MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
- Is it safe to use MEROBAX 1gm Injection in patients with depression?
- How long can I use MEROBAX 1gm Injection ?
- Is it safe to use MEROBAX 1gm Injection in patients with thrombocytopenia condition?
No. It is not safe to receive cholera vaccine or any other live vaccine while using MEROBAX 1gm Injection .
Kidney and liver function tests must be regularly monitored while using MEROBAX 1gm Injection .
No. It is not safe to use MEROBAX 1gm Injection in patients with depression, as it may further worsen the condition.
The duration of treatment with MEROBAX 1gm Injection depends on the severity of the disease, response to treatment and other medication.
No. It is unsafe to use MEROBAX 1gm Injection in patients with thrombocytopenia, as it may further reduce the platelet count and increase the risk of bleeding.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.