MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet 10's
By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet used for?
MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet is used for the treatment of epilepsy and prevention of migraine headaches. It is also used to treat abnormal growth of tissue in the brain and abnormal mood swings in people with bipolar disorder.
How does MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet work?
MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-epileptics. It plays a major role in inhibiting seizures and transmitting pain signals to the brain. MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet helps in controlling the excitation in the brain by maintaining the activity of nerve cells in the brain. Thus, it helps in reducing the seizure activity.
How to take MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depends on the age, weight, medical condition and severity of an individual. Take MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet with or without food.
If you miss a dose of MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
The drugs that interact with MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Liver dysfunction
- Loss of appetite
- Weight gain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet
- Avoid taking MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet if you have any cardiac, kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet or its ingredients.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing liver diseases or heart problems such as hypertension, heart attack and heart failure.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet
- Can I discontinue MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet if I feel better?
- How should MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet be stored?
- Does MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet cause hair loss?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
- How long can I take MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet?
No, MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet should not be discontinued abruptly. Please consult your doctor if the course is completed.
MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
Yes, MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet may cause hair loss. Consult your doctor if you experience excessive loss of hair.
No, MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet dose is prescribed depending on the complexity of the problem. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised.
MAGPROL CR 300mg Tablet should be used for the prescribed duration. Do not discontinue unless instructed by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.