LOXOF 750MG TABLET 10'S
By SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||9 substitute/s available|
Rs.53.23 (50% Savings)
Rs.55.53 (48% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.65.00 (40% Savings)
Rs.106.47 (1% Savings)
Rs.106.95 (1% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Levofloxacin used for?
Levofloxacin eye drops are used to treat eye infections caused by certain bacteria.
Levofloxacin injection is used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections. It is recommended when Levofloxacin cannot be taken by mouth.
Levofloxacin tablet/syrup is used to treat bacterial infections. It is also used to treat anthrax or plague.
Levofloxacin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Levofloxacin work?
Levofloxacin belongs to the class of drugs called quinolone antibiotics. The drug acts by inhibiting the action of certain components, which are responsible for DNA replication and propagation. Thus, it decreases the bacterial activity.
How to use Levofloxacin?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Levofloxacin as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- For syrup dosage form, shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Levofloxacin injection should be administered by the healthcare provider.
The overdose symptoms of Levofloxacin may include:
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe drowsiness
- Slurred speech
What are the drugs that interact with Levofloxacin?
Drugs that interact with Levofloxacin include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Levofloxacin?
The following are the most common side effects of Levofloxacin:
- Loss of appetite
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe drowsiness
- Stomach pain
- Yellowing of eyes or skin
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Levofloxacin?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Levofloxacin or similar drugs.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Levofloxacin.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Levofloxacin causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not receive any vaccinations while using Levofloxacin unless recommended by a doctor.
You are advised not to use Levofloxacin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Levofloxacin?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease, diabetes, tendonitis or bursitis.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Levofloxacin
- How should Levofloxacin tablet be stored?
- Can I use Levofloxacin to my 8-year-old child?
- Is it safe to use Levofloxacin during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use the drug in elderly?
- What are the formulations of Levofloxacin available?
Levofloxacin should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
Use Levofloxacin in children only when prescribed by the doctor.
Consult your doctor before using Levofloxacin during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Levofloxacin may cause musculoskeletal problems in geriatric patients. Therefore, be cautious while using this drug.
Levofloxacin is available in eye drops, injection, syrup and tablet dosage forms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.