LOTENSYL AT Tablet 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LOTENSYL AT Tablet
LOTENSYL AT Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
LOTENSYL AT Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LOTENSYL AT Tabletwork?
In LOTENSYL AT Tablet, Atenolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. This drug blocks the activity of certain chemicals and decreases heart rate and blood pressure. Therefore, it helps in lowering the blood pressure.
Lercanidipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blocking agents. It inhibits the influx of calcium ions across myocardial smooth muscles, which increases oxygen delivery to heart tissue and reduces the pressure on the walls of arteries.
How to take LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LOTENSYL AT Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LOTENSYL AT Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LOTENSYL AT Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Severe weakness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LOTENSYL AT Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LOTENSYL AT Tablet:
- Mood changes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Chest pain
- Uneven heartbeats
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LOTENSYL AT Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LOTENSYL AT Tablet causes dizziness.
- Be cautious while taking LOTENSYL AT Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take LOTENSYL AT Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as liver, kidney or other respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of LOTENSYL AT Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about LOTENSYL AT Tablet
- What are the contraindications of LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the LOTENSYL AT Tablet?
- What is the maximum prescribed dose of LOTENSYL AT Tablet tablet?
LOTENSYL AT Tablet is contraindicated in patients with low blood pressure and unusual heart rhythms.
No. It is not advisable to alter the dose of LOTENSYL AT Tablet tablet unless prescribed by the doctor.
The maximum prescribed dose of LOTENSYL AT Tablet tablet is 200mg per day. Consult with your doctor before taking the medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.