What is LN BETA 2.5 Tablet used for?
LN BETA 2.5 Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
LN BETA 2.5 Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LN BETA 2.5 Tablet work?
In LN BETA 2.5 Tablet, Cilnidipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by blocking the entry of calcium into the heart, thereby decreasing the workload on the heart. Thus, it helps in treating hypertension.
Nebivolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. It works by blocking the action of adrenaline. Thus, it helps in decreasing blood pressure, normalising heart rate and improving the flow of blood in the blood vessels.
How to take LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LN BETA 2.5 Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of LN BETA 2.5 Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LN BETA 2.5 Tablet are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LN BETA 2.5 Tablet:
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Changes in heart rate
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue and extremities
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LN BETA 2.5 Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LN BETA 2.5 Tablet causes dizziness.
- Avoid LN BETA 2.5 Tablet if you are allergic to it.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption LN BETA 2.5 Tablet
You are advised not to take LN BETA 2.5 Tablet if
- It has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- The foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart rhythm problems, blood circulation problems, breathing problems, kidney disease, liver disease, mental/mood disorders, myasthenia gravis, and hyperthyroidism.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking LN BETA 2.5 Tablet
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplement
Frequently Asked questions about LN BETA 2.5 Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of LN BETA 2.5 Tablet?
- How should LN BETA 2.5 Tablet be stored?
Yes, it is advisable to monitor blood sugar levels regularly as LN BETA 2.5 Tablet may affect blood sugar levels.
No, it is not advisable to alter the dose prescribed. Consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
LN BETA 2.5 Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.