LISTRIL 5mg Tablet 15's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.69.00 (49% Savings)
Rs.70.00 (48% Savings)
Rs.113.50 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is LISTRIL 5mg Tablet used for?
LISTRIL 5mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
LISTRIL 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LISTRIL 5mg Tablet work?
LISTRIL 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. The drug acts by blocking the action of (ACE) by obstructing the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II. Thus, it leads to the decrease in blood pressure.
How to take LISTRIL 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LISTRIL 5mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. LISTRIL 5mg Tablet can be taken with or without food.
If you miss a dose of LISTRIL 5mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LISTRIL 5mg Tablet may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble in breathing
What are the drugs that interact with LISTRIL 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LISTRIL 5mg Tablet include the following:
- Phenyl salicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LISTRIL 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LISTRIL 5mg Tablet:
- Blurred vision
- Unusual tiredness
- Dry cough
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
- Swelling on face
- Trouble swallowing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LISTRIL 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LISTRIL 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not use LISTRIL 5mg Tablet is you are having hereditary angioedema.
- Avoid performing strenuous exercise while using LISTRIL 5mg Tablet.
- Avoid taking LISTRIL 5mg Tablet medication while suffering from renal impairment.
- Avoid using salt substitutes or potassium supplements while using LISTRIL 5mg Tablet medication.
You are advised not to take LISTRIL 5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LISTRIL 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease or diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about LISTRIL 5mg Tablet
- Is it safe to use LISTRIL 5mg Tablet during pregnancy?
- Can I use LISTRIL 5mg Tablet while having hyperkalaemia?
- Is it necessary to alter the dose while using LISTRIL 5mg Tablet in geriatric patients?
- Can I stop taking LISTRIL 5mg Tablet medication if I feel better?
- How can LISTRIL 5mg Tablet be stored?
Do not use LISTRIL 5mg Tablet during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the foetus.
Patients with high serum potassium levels should consult a doctor before using LISTRIL 5mg Tablet.
Yes. Dose adjustments should be made while using LISTRIL 5mg Tablet in geriatric patients as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Do not stop the medication abruptly as it can increase your blood pressure.
LISTRIL 5mg Tablet medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.