|Available substitute||3 substitute/s available|
Rs.69.00 (49% Savings)
Rs.70.00 (48% Savings)
Rs.113.50 (16% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Lisinopril used for?
Lisinopril is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
Lisinopril may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Lisinopril work?
Lisinopril belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. The drug acts by blocking the action of (ACE) by obstructing the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II. Thus, it leads to the decrease in blood pressure.
How to take Lisinopril?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Lisinopril as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Lisinopril can be taken with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Lisinopril, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Lisinopril may include:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble in breathing
What are the drugs that interact with Lisinopril?
Drugs that interact with Lisinopril include the following:
- Phenyl salicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Lisinopril?
The following are the most common side effects of Lisinopril:
- Blurred vision
- Unusual tiredness
- Dry cough
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
- Swelling on face
- Trouble swallowing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Lisinopril?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Lisinopril or similar drugs.
- Do not use Lisinopril is you are having hereditary angioedema.
- Avoid performing strenuous exercise while using Lisinopril.
- Avoid taking Lisinopril medication while suffering from renal impairment.
- Avoid using salt substitutes or potassium supplements while using Lisinopril medication.
You are advised not to take Lisinopril if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Lisinopril?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver disease or diabetes.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently asked questions about Lisinopril
- Is it safe to use Lisinopril during pregnancy?
- Can I use Lisinopril while having hyperkalaemia?
- Is it necessary to alter the dose while using Lisinopril in geriatric patients?
- Can I stop taking Lisinopril medication if I feel better?
- How can Lisinopril be stored?
Do not use Lisinopril during pregnancy as it can cause harm to the foetus.
Patients with high serum potassium levels should consult a doctor before using Lisinopril.
Yes. Dose adjustments should be made while using Lisinopril in geriatric patients as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Do not stop the medication abruptly as it can increase your blood pressure.
Lisinopril medication should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.