LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet 10's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet used for?
LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet is used for the treatment of increased triglyceride levels in patients with type 2 diabetes.
LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet work?
LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists (PPAR). This drug acts by lowering both lipid and glucose levels by acting on certain receptors. Thus, it reduces the serum triglyceride levels.
How to take LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet.
- Avoid LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking this medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
You are advised not to take LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
- Is LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet recommended to treat fatty liver disease?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet?
Yes, it is advised to monitor blood glucose levels and blood triglyceride levels regularly while taking LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet.
LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet is under investigation to treat fatty liver disease. Therefore, please consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
Yes, proper diabetic and low-fat diet are advised while taking LIPAGLYN 4mg Tablet medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.