Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel 30gm
By Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is LIGNOCAD 2% Gel used for?
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel topical is used to numb the pain at the definite area.
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel oral solution is used to treat pain and mouth sores.
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel injection is used to treat arrhythmias associated with heart attacks.
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LIGNOCAD 2% Gel work?
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel belongs to the class of drugs called local anaesthetics. This drug acts by suppressing the ionic fluxes, which are required for the inception and conduction of impulses. Thus, this prevents the pain signals from reaching the brain.
How to use LIGNOCAD 2% Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LIGNOCAD 2% Gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Clean and dry the affected area, apply LIGNOCAD 2% Gel gel/lotion/solution as a thin layer over the affected area of the skin. Please read the directions provided on the leaflet.
- In case of suspension, shake it well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- In case of an injection, use a disposable needle and a measuring syringe to administer the drug into muscle.
If you miss a dose of LIGNOCAD 2% Gel, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of LIGNOCAD 2% Gel may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Change in heart rate
What are the drugs that interact with LIGNOCAD 2% Gel?
Drugs that interact with LIGNOCAD 2% Gel include the following:
- Prilocaine topical
- Sodium Thiosulphate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LIGNOCAD 2% Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of LIGNOCAD 2% Gel:
- Redness of skin
- Blurred vision
- Unusual thirst
- Redness at injection site
- Itching skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of hearing
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chills or cold sweats
- Joint pain
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using LIGNOCAD 2% Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LIGNOCAD 2% Gel or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on LIGNOCAD 2% Gel.
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if LIGNOCAD 2% Gel causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not use LIGNOCAD 2% Gel in more than prescribed doses.
You are advised not to use LIGNOCAD 2% Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using LIGNOCAD 2% Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about LIGNOCAD 2% Gel
- How can LIGNOCAD 2% Gel be stored?
- Can I use LIGNOCAD 2% Gel medication while suffering from malignant hyperthermia?
- Is it safe to apply LIGNOCAD 2% Gel topical to ears?
- Can I alter the dose of LIGNOCAD 2% Gel?
LIGNOCAD 2% Gel must be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture. The injection form of the drug can be refrigerated based on the usage.
No. It is not advisable to use LIGNOCAD 2% Gel while suffering from malignant hyperthermia, as the drug can raise the body temperature and cause severe joint pain.
No. It is not safe to use the topical form of LIGNOCAD 2% Gel to ears or cracked skin surface.
No. Altering the dose of the drug is not recommended as it can increase the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.