Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion 10gm
What is LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion used for?
LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion is a steroid hormone, which is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Blood disorders
- Breathing disorders
- Eye disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Immunity disorders
LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion work?
LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroid hormones. The drug acts by binding to the glucocorticoid receptors and inhibiting the action of prostaglandins, leukotrienes and cyclooxygenase (COX-I & II) enzymes. Thus, it helps in controlling pain and inflammation in the body.
How to use LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- For topical application, apply a thin layer over the affected area. Do not use LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion topical over cuts or bruises.
- LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion is also available as an injection. It should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion?
Drugs that interact with LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion tablet/injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion?
The following are the most common side effects of LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion tablet/injection:
- Abdominal discomfort
The following are the most common side effects of LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion cream/ointment:
- Skin redness, burning, itching, or peeling
- Stretch marks
- Thinning of your skin
- Blistering skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before using any other drug along with LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion.
What should you tell your doctor before taking LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney impairment, diabetes, hypertension or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you have undergone cataract or glaucoma surgery.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorders before using LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion medicine.
Frequently Asked Questions about LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion
- Is it safe to use LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion medicine during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- How long can I use LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion medicine?
- What precautions should I use while applying LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion cream/ointment?
- Does LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion medicine increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, the safe and effective use of LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion during pregnancy and breastfeeding has been established. However, please consult your doctor to know more about the safe dose and drug concentration during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion medicine for a prescribed duration. Do not over use the medicine as it increases the risk of side effects.
Before applying LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion cream/ointment, make sure the skin is clean and dry. This helps in preventing skin infections.
LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion alone does not increase the risk of bleeding. When LACTICARE HC 1% Lotion is concomitantly administered with Aspirin or other blood thinning drugs, it may cause bleeding.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.