What is KENZ SAL Lotion used for?
KENZ SAL Lotion is used for the treatment of fungal and yeast infections of the skin. This combination is also recommended for the treatment of the following:
- Skin redness
- Calluses and corns
KENZ SAL Lotion may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does KENZ SAL Lotion work?
In KENZ SAL Lotion, Ketoconazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the action of fungal cytochrome and impairs the synthesis of ergosterol by interfering with the fungal cell wall synthesis. Thus, it inhibits the growth of the fungi.
Salicylic Acid belongs to the class of keratolytics and anti-inflammatory drugs. This drug acts by shedding the epidermal cells more quickly. Thus, it helps in removing dry and flaky skin.
How to use KENZ SAL Lotion?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use KENZ SAL Lotion as prescribed by your doctor.
- Apply KENZ SAL Lotion lotion over the affected area and rub it gently.
- Wet the hair and scalp with water, apply KENZ SAL Lotion shampoo and gently massage the entire scalp to work up a good lather, and rinse with warm water.
What are the drugs that interact with KENZ SAL Lotion?
Drugs that interact with KENZ SAL Lotion include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of KENZ SAL Lotion?
The following are the most common side effects of KENZ SAL Lotion:
- Itching of skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions KENZ SAL Lotion?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to KENZ SAL Lotion or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid accidental contact of KENZ SAL Lotion with eyes, mouth and other mucous membranes.
What should you tell your doctor before using KENZ SAL Lotion?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other topical drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about KENZ SAL Lotion
- How should KENZ SAL Lotion be stored?
- How long can I use KENZ SAL Lotion?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of KENZ SAL Lotion?
- How long does KENZ SAL Lotion take to show its effect?
Store KENZ SAL Lotion at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
The length of treatment with KENZ SAL Lotion depends on the severity of the medical condition. Please consult your doctor before using the drug.
No. Do not change the dose of KENZ SAL Lotion, unless suggested by the doctor.
KENZ SAL Lotion may take about eight weeks to show the effect.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.