ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet 7's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet used for?
ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet is used for the treatment of type-2 diabetes mellitus. This drug should be used in conjunction with proper diet and regular exercise for effective glycaemic control.
ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet work?
ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called oral hypoglycaemic agents. This drug acts by increasing the activity of the incretin in the body. This increases the insulin production and decreases the glucagon release in the body.
How to take ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug 30 minutes before meals.
If you miss a dose of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet include the following:
- Abdominal pain
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Increased sweating
- Unusual weakness
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet:
- Back pain
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Increased heart rate
- Increased hunger
- Increased sweating
- Increased thirst
- Joint pain
- Peripheral oedema
- Upper respiratory tract infections
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Acute pancreatitis
- Blurry vision
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Pale and dry skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- The foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of hypertension, hepatic and renal disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet.
- If you have to undergo any surgery or medical procedure, you must inform the doctor about the usage of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet?
- Can I use ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet tablet to treat type 1 diabetes?
Avoid consumption of alcohol while taking ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet tablet, as it may worsen the side effects of the drug.
Do not change the dose of ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet tablet without consulting the doctor. Altering the dose of the drug may increase the risk of side effects.
A regular monitoring of your blood sugar levels is advised while using ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet tablet.
ISTAVEL 50mg Tablet tablet is not prescribed for patients who have type 1 diabetes. Please consult your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.