HALOVATE S Ointment 15gm
By Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.105.00 (51% Savings)
Rs.135.00 (37% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is HALOVATE S Ointment used for?
HALOVATE S Ointment is used to treat skin inflammation caused due to following conditions:
- Lichen planus
- Lichen simplex
- Skin rash
HALOVATE S Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HALOVATE S Ointment work?
In HALOVATE S Ointment, Halobetasol Propionate belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by inducing the inhibitory proteins called as lipocortins. These lipocortins control the synthesis of mediators of inflammation such as leukotrienes and prostaglandins by inhibiting the release of arachidonic acid.
Salicylic Acid belongs to the class of drugs called keratolytic agents. It provides anti-fungal action by softening, exfoliating the skin and clearing up the plugged follicles. Thus, it inhibits the growth of the fungus.
How to use HALOVATE S Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use HALOVATE S Ointment as prescribed by your doctor.
For topical application, wash your hands and apply a thin layer of HALOVATE S Ointment on the affected area of the skin and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of HALOVATE S Ointment, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with HALOVATE S Ointment?
Drugs that interact with HALOVATE S Ointment include the following:
- Alitretinoin topical
- Clindamycin topical
- Tazarotene topical
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HALOVATE S Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of HALOVATE S Ointment:
- Blisters on the skin
- Burning sensation
- Dry skin
- Skin redness
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Formation of ulcers
- Skin thinning
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions HALOVATE S Ointment?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HALOVATE S Ointment or similar drugs.
- Do not apply an pain reliever cream or ointment over the inflamed skin while using HALOVATE S Ointment.
- Avoid HALOVATE S Ointment in contact with eyes or mucous membranes.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HALOVATE S Ointment?
- Inform the doctor if you are using any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have any cuts, scrapes or skin infections before using Halobetasol Propionate medication.
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes or poor blood circulation problems.
- Inform your doctor about your recent vaccination history.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
Frequently Asked Questions about HALOVATE S Ointment
- How should HALOVATE S Ointment be stored?
- What are the other formulations of HALOVATE S Ointment available?
- I am 67 years old, can I use HALOVATE S Ointment for dermatitis?
- I was prescribed HALOVATE S Ointment ointment. Can I use HALOVATE S Ointment lotion instead?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HALOVATE S Ointment?
HALOVATE S Ointment is stored at room temperature (15-30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
HALOVATE S Ointment is available as cream, lotion and ointment dosage forms.
HALOVATE S Ointment tends to cause blood circulation problems. Therefore, please consult your doctor if you want to use HALOVATE S Ointment for dermatitis.
The dosage form of a medication depends on the severity of the skin disease. Please consult your doctor if you have to use other dosage forms.
No, altering the dose of HALOVATE S Ointment is not advised. HALOVATE S Ointment should be taken as prescribed.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.