HALODERM Ointment 10gm
By Micro Labs Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is HALODERM Ointment used for?
HALODERM Ointment is a steroid used to treat skin inflammation associated with the following conditions:
- Allergic skin reactions
HALODERM Ointment may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does HALODERM Ointment work?
HALODERM Ointment belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by inducing the inhibitory proteins called as lipocortins. These lipocortins control the synthesis of inflammatory mediators such as leukotrienes and prostaglandins by inhibiting the release of arachidonic acid. Thus, the drug reduces the inflammation.
How to use HALODERM Ointment?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use HALODERM Ointment as prescribed by your doctor.
For topical application, apply a thin layer of HALODERM Ointment ointment over the affected area of the skin and rub it gently.
If you miss a dose of HALODERM Ointment, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with HALODERM Ointment?
Drugs that interact with HALODERM Ointment include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of HALODERM Ointment?
The following are the most common side effects of HALODERM Ointment:
- Blisters on the skin
- Burning sensation
- Dry skin
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin discolouration
- Skin thinning
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions HALODERM Ointment?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to HALODERM Ointment or similar drugs.
- Avoid application of topical pain relievers over the inflamed skin.
- Avoid contact of HALODERM Ointment with eyes or mucous membranes.
- Do not use HALODERM Ointment cream/ointment more often or longer than recommended.
What should you tell your doctor before taking HALODERM Ointment?
- Inform your doctor if you have any cuts or scrapes on the skin before using HALODERM Ointment medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are using Prednisolone or its analogues.
- Inform your doctor if you have any recent history of vaccination.
Frequently Asked Questions about HALODERM Ointment
- What are the other formulations of HALODERM Ointment available?
- How long can I use HALODERM Ointment?
- How should HALODERM Ointment be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of HALODERM Ointment cream/ointment?
- What are the overdose symptoms of HALODERM Ointment ointment?
HALODERM Ointment is available as cream, lotion and ointment dosage forms.
HALODERM Ointment should not be used for more than two weeks. However, you must use the drug for the prescribed duration. Consult your doctor if you have to discontinue HALODERM Ointment medication.
HALODERM Ointment is stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
No, altering the dose of HALODERM Ointment is not advised. HALODERM Ointment dose should be used as prescribed.
The overdose symptoms of HALODERM Ointment ointment include skin rash and swelling. Consult your doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.